Have a go at a multi-sport challenge
As the Triathlon Secretary, I'd like to send out a warm welcome to the HHCC Triathlon and Multi-sport page
We are a relatively small but very successful club with members representing all distances of triathlon/duathlon/aquathon/aquabike etc, ranging from GB Age Groupers to members who love going out to race as fast as they can.
Facebook page: Please add yourself to the HHCC Triathlete's page to keep up with all the latest information, event organisation and general chit chat to do with anything multi-sporty, https://www.face
- Ruth Grint: qualified for Sprint Tri ITU Championships, Rotterdam Netherlands, 2017.
- Hayley Oates: qualified for Sprint Tri ETU Championships, Dusseldorf Germany, 2017, 2nd in English Sprint Tri Champs, 10th in British Sprint Tri Champs and 2nd in Triathlon England Eastern League Individual Competition.
- Scott Dixon: 3rd overall male in Hertfordshire Sprint Tri Championships.
- Carol McDonald completed her first Ironman and said, ‘I could’ve kept swimming all day; I felt so smooth in there’.
- HHCC gained 3rd place at the Regional Relay Championships (Hayley Oates, Amy Tanner and Ruth Grint).
- 13th out of 48 teams in the Triathlon England Eastern League Team Competition.
Carol MacDonald says, ‘Doing the weekly HHCC summer time trials has been great for my bike times and also meeting people down at the lake is great fun’.
Michael Donovan says, 'Great club with lots of experienced cyclists. A good range of Sunday rides for all abilities and the wonderful Thursday time trials from Spring to Autumn'.
- February: A group of us headed off for a half-day Gait Analysis/run technique session in Oxfordshire. This was amazingly educational and very funny, ‘You’re prancing! I didn’t say prance!’, and has filled us with confidence. We are now all benefitting from faster times and most importantly looking cooler whilst out on the roads.
- February: Sandra Barden from Tri50 came to the Club House to discuss nutrition and training programmes. We had 15 people attend who all learnt a lot. Zoe Adams said, ‘The information given could be applied to triathlons, TT's and road races and was broken down into five categories: endurance; build period; pre-comp; taper; and recovery. It was interesting to note people's thoughts around recovery....especially those who find it difficult to do 'nothing' for a day or two, although rest includes low-level active recovery as well as simply just relaxing... an evening very well spent'.
- A few members have signed up for a swim camera analysis with ex-Pro Tanja Slater. This is an amazing course and chops seconds, if not minutes, from swim times.
Female/Male Best Performance Triathlete at Hertfordshire Triathlon Championships
Awarded for best performance at the Hertfordshire Triathlon Champs in May and August. One award for female and one for male.
Best combined average of your result compared to the winning time as a percentage in the May and August events, looking at both Sprint and Standard distances, ie, one person can do two sprints, two standards or one sprint and one standard.
Results will be published as and when they occur so everyone is aware of their standings.
Female/Male Multisport of the Year
Looking at the breadth and width of local, regional, national and potentially international, events throughout the year, be it triathlon, aquathlon, duathlon, aquabike, etc. One for Female and one for Male. Voted by the other triathletes.
Please feel free to email email@example.com for joining the club or for further information.
We hope you have an enjoyable, healthy and safe 2017 - happy racing.
Hayley Oates (Tri Sec).